About Guardion Health Sciences
Guardion Health Sciences is at the forefront of early detection, intervention and monitoring of numerous eye diseases. Located in San Diego, the company combines targeted ocular nutrition with innovative, evidence-based diagnostic technology. Guardion boasts one of the most impressive Scientific and Medical Advisory Boards in the world and is led by seasoned business executives with many years of experience running and expanding public companies. This combination of expertise and scientific knowledge has catapulted Guardion into a leadership position within the eye care industry.
Guardion owns a number of, industry-leading proprietary technologies and novel treatments. The most notable include:
- Lumega-Z, the only micronized lipid-base nutritional formulation designed to restore and maintain the condition of a depleted macular pigment. This unique delivery platform ensures the highest level of absorption as well as rapid patient response to treatment.
- The Mapcat, which is the most repeatable and accurate measuring technology for the MPOD (macular pigment optical density). Mapcat is now protected by patents in the United States and Europe.
- VectorVision is the most widely used and respected clinical contrast sensitivity test.
- Next generation VectorVision products have two patents protecting proprietary methodologies for the standardization of vision testing. These patents will provide for a much wider adoption of new and more accurate vision tests for everyday clinical use and, for the first time due to standardization, allow comparison of vision test results between different doctors and locations.
- Copyright protection for the presentation format and methodologies of the VectorVision contrast sensitivity test, the most widely used and respected contrast sensitivity test in the world.
- GlaucoCetin, the first regulated vision-specific Medical Food designed to support and protect the mitochondrial function of optic nerve cells in patients with glaucoma.
Guardion uses only the highest quality ingredients in its products. Qualifying as Medical Foods validates the impeccable quality of Lumega-Z and Glaucocetin and ensures these formulas are precisely tailored to treat or manage a specific disease or condition. Medical Foods must be recommended and administered under the supervision of a physician or professional healthcare provider, once deemed necessary after medical evaluation.
To learn more about our Management Team and Medical and Scientific Advisory Boards, click here.